We encourage our visitors to read through and understand our privacy statement. We may update it from time to time to address new issues or reflect changes on our site. Please refer to this privacy statement regularly. Curiosityville® reserves the right to revise this privacy statement at any time and such revisions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof. Notice may be given by any means including, but not limited to, posting the revised privacy statement on this site. Any use of our site by you subsequent to such notice shall be deemed to constitute acceptance by you of such revision.
We Protect Kids’ Privacy
Curiosityville® encourages parents and guardians to spend time online with their children. We urge parents to instruct their children to never give out their real names, addresses, or phone numbers without permission when using the Internet. We recognize a special obligation to protect personal information obtained from children.
As a parent, you’ve probably done a lot of thinking about protecting your family’s privacy on the Internet. We have been thinking and working hard to provide you with the best information and the highest quality interaction on the Internet in an environment that is safe. In compliance with COPPA (the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we have adopted the following policies to keep kids safe:
- We will NOT knowingly collect, use, or distribute personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable consent from a parent or guardian.
- Personally identifiable information we collect from children under the age of 13 will be used solely by Curiosityville® or its agents for internal purposes only and will NOT be sold or otherwise distributed to third parties without prior verifiable consent from a parent or guardian.
- We will NOT knowingly allow children under the age of 13 access to chat rooms, message boards, email accounts, or other services within Curiosityville® that would allow them to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable information without prior verifiable consent from a parent or guardian.
- We will NOT knowingly ask a child under the age of 13 to divulge more information than is needed to participate in any activity, game, or service.
- We will NOT knowingly keep any personally identifiable information that is inadvertently included in a child’s email submission, help inquiry, or other one-time request, if we know that the child is under the age of 13. Information will be automatically purged or purged immediately after the issue has been resolved.
- We will NOT knowingly post any personally identifiable information that is inadvertently included in a child’s submission to a general audience contribution area if we know that the child is under the age of 13. These submissions will be deleted and handled anonymously thereafter.
- We will NOT knowingly provide any direct link to websites that are unsuitable for children.
- We will advise children under the age of 13 that they MUST obtain permission from their parent or guardian before sharing ANY personal information.
Information You Provide to Us.
Curiosityville® collects information in several ways via different parts of our site. Providing personal information and becoming a subscriber to Curiosityville® is voluntary. When you register with Curiosityville, you provide personal information. Curiosityville® uses this information to create and organize our content and programming to meet your needs.
The personally identifiable information we may request from you, and with which we identify you as a subscriber, includes the following: first name, last name, email address, child’s gender, child’s date of birth, child’s personal interests, username, and password. When you wish to purchase something, we may also ask you for the following: street address, city, state, zip code, phone number, and credit card number.
YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO CREATE A CURIOSITYVILLE® ACCOUNT.
How We Use the Information You Provide.
Curiosityville® uses your personal information to tailor the content programming, information services, and software applications that we provide to meet your needs and interests and those of your child. When you conduct a transaction through this site, you are providing transaction information to Curiosityville ‘s third party suppliers (such as transaction processors and financial institutions) who will use the information solely for the purpose of the transaction. Finally, there may also be other third party vendors who supply software applications, web hosting and other technologies for this site that may have access to your personal information but they will never use such information for any other purpose except to provide services in connection with this site. Curiosityville will not share any personal information about you with any third party (a party not affiliated with Curiosityville LLC), except as otherwise stated herein and in the following circumstances: (a) in response to subpoenas, court orders or legal process, to the extent permitted and as restricted by law; (b) when disclosure is required to maintain the security and integrity of this site, or to protect any user’s security or the security of other persons, consistent with applicable laws; (c) when disclosure is directed or consented to by the registered subscriber who has input the personal information; (d) in the event that Curiosityville® itself or any of its subdivisions or units goes through a business transition, such as a merger, divestiture, acquisition, liquidation or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred; or (e) in limited circumstances, Curiosityville® may disclose your email address in order to comply with laws and regulations. Curiosityville® may occasionally involve a paying or nonpaying partner in our registration areas because they share our educational mission and they provide a highly valued service to our subscribers.
Last modified on May 25, 2012.